Applications are now open for the second edition of Vento, the Venture Builder by Exor Seeds. Dedicated to the discovery of talented founders with the ambition to build the great companies of the future, during its first edition 8 new startups were born with participants and teams from all over the world, some of which have already reached important investment rounds after just a few months. The first edition was born from the experience accumulated by the SEI School of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, while Vento will now be fully incorporated into Exor Seeds, venture capital fund of the holding company of the same name that has already supported over 60 startups globally with more than 450 million dollars in 4 years.
Vento is a highly selective 5-month full-time programme in Turin, which has the unique feature of paying, in the first part of the course, each participant who wants to build their own startup and have the opportunity to raise the first investments to launch it. Forty people will be selected to create the teams for this edition, during which those taking part will play an active role in choosing who to have at their side as co-founder. In this match making phase, the Vento team will act alongside by providing their support and experience to make sure everything runs smoothly.
You don't need to have an idea to participate: the programme partners, with their direct experience in their own fields, will provide a set of validated issues or market needs from which each team can build on.
Each participant will go through a full course of team building, research, design, testing and implementation:
- January-April 2023: the focus will be on finding the team and the best idea to develop;
- End of April: teams will present their ideas to an investment committee and have the opportunity to receive pre-seed investment;
- April-June 2023: the focus will be on developing and disseminating the solutions proposed by each team.
Vento offers, for the entire duration of the course:
- Ongoing support from a qualified network of mentors and entrepreneurs;
- Access to a pool of over 50 leading VCs, business angels and accelerators from across Europe;
- Grant to cover individual expenses for the first three months of the programme;
- Opportunity for pre-seed investment with favourable and transparent conditions for founders;
- Dedicated offices and workspaces at OGR Torino.
During the selection phase, the potential of each candidate will be carefully measured and assessed, with the aim of selecting people who are ready to get involved with their own ambition and vision, bright and willing to commit 100% to building the successful start-ups of tomorrow.
Applications for this first selection phase will be open until 14 October 2022.